Should You Have a Concealed Carry Firearms License?
Copyright © May 1, 2009 by Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E.
All Rights Reserved.
- At the current time in many states you may legally acquire a Concealed Carry Firearm License by completing the appropriate paperwork, passing a background check, and paying a small fee.
- If you are awarded a Concealed Carry Firearms License then you should study the firearm carry rules for your state and obey them. You should also enroll in a firearms training course and learn the correct safe way to carry and use a firearm.
- If you have a Concealed Carry Firearms License then you can legally purchase a firearm and immediately take possession of that firearm without any background check or waiting period.
- Just because you possess a Concealed Carry Firearms License does not mean that you have to carry a firearm with you. It simply means that you have the legal right to carry a loaded firearm with you if you should decide to do so.
- If our society gradually or suddenly collapses, then you would be legally licensed to carry a firearm for your own personal self-defense and for the defense of your family members.
- If you should ever need to use a firearm in self-defense then you will have demonstrated to the court that you had previously complied with the existing laws for carrying a firearm.
- If you are awarded a Concealed Carry Firearms License then you will be one more honest person in your state who has the legal right to carry a firearm, and you will be sending a very simple but crystal clear message to your congressmen and other government leaders.
- If the government passes new legislation in the future that prohibits non-licensed individuals from owning or using a firearm in self-defense then you may be "exempt" if you already have a Concealed Carry Firearms License.
- If you would like to read a brief summary of the firearm carry laws for each state then please click on this link: NRA-ILA Guide to Right-to-Carry Laws by State
At the current time you have the legal right to apply for a Concealed Carry Firearms License.
It would be sad if you decided that other things were more important and you continue to keep this task at the bottom of your "Future To Do List."
One day you may seriously regret that you did not take action on this matter when it was still legally possible for you to do so.
Click on www.grandpappy.info/indexfir.htm for more Firearm Topics.
Click on www.grandpappy.info for Robert's Home Page.
Send e-mail to RobertWayneAtkins@grandpappy.info